In our competitive business world where business leaders are led by bottom-line pressures which most often lead to prioritising profits over principles. Vision4 women believes women in business can be both ethical and fulfil their professional obligations.
In recognition and celebration of women in the workplace who have expanded their definition of success from making money to making a difference, Vision4 women decided to introduce Beyond the Balance Sheet awards also known as BTBS awards launched in 2012.
In 2012 the awards included nominees from the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality and Cacadu District and medium to long term goals will be to include nominees throughout the Eastern Cape and South Africa at large.
BTBS AIMS AND OBJECTIVE
To pay tribute to businesswomen whose organisations promote people-centred development through projects this enlists the capacities of local communities
• To use the event to inspire and inculcate the spirit of Ubuntu amongst women in business.
• To honour girls who have gone through Vision4 women workplace readiness mentorship program
• To raise funds for the mentorship program
THE JUDGING PROCESS
The judging panel is from diverse business backgrounds and from organisations which has projects that make a difference to local communities. The judges will sift through nominations and do the initial screening to select five nominees from each category. Interviews will be conducted to identify three finalists in each of the award categories. The winner from each category will be announced in a prestigious awards gala dinner.
The awards are from various categories which include, business and professional services, SME, CSI Department leader, Education, Health and Welfare, Sport, NGO,ICT, Enterprise Development Specialists, Arts and Culture, Women in ministry etc….
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATIONS:
• A woman
• Must be South African citizen
• All racial and ethnic groups
• SME category – 60% shareholder
• NGO category – Woman led and founded
• CSI Department- CSI manager/leader
• Woman ED specialist
• A role model
• Proof of how business enlists capacities of local community
Nomination form can be downloaded below:
Nomination Form 3